- Your Tax Dollars Hard at Work: Government-Funded Broadway Voodoo Drama
- Black Gods of the Cosmopolis!
- More than Skin Deep? Haitian Vodou, Corporate Social Activism and the Commodification of Healing
- Voodoo Brothers: Africana Religions and the Comics, pt. 2
- Halloween Special! Black Horror Movie …but It’s Not Voodoo
Tag Archives: Chinese
Many years ago I came upon an interesting presence while visiting El Cobre, a village in southeastern Cuba. Translated simply as “Copper,” El Cobre is well known for its 19th century mining concerns, but even more famously, it is the site … Continue reading
This is one of those strange-but-true stories that I find really interesting. As I was browsing for historical information on Hoodoo, I found multiple sources dating back to the 1800s on the practice of magic as a kind of theatrical … Continue reading